If you’re getting a “Flow Restricted” error or your capsules are not puncturing, this means that there may be air pockets in your Morning Machine’s chamber. Here are some signs you may be experiencing a “Flow Restricted” error:
- Machine displays “Flow Restricted” message during the brew;
- Machine is ‘stuck’ in the pre-infusion mode during the brew;
- After releasing the capsule, the back of the capsule is punctured but the capsule’s seal is not;
Some ways of addressing the issue:
1. Ensure your firmware is updated
See how to Update your Firmware.
2. Prime/ purge your Machine
3. If purging your Morning Machine doesn't resolve the issue, run Pump Calibration:
- Ensure that your water tank is full and there is no capsule in the chamber.
- Place a 4-6oz cup on the drip tray.
- Enter machine settings by pressing and holding the back and confirm buttons.
- Enter settings > Calibration > Pump Pressure
- The calibration will run for a few minutes. Once it’s complete, it will show a reading for K1 and P1.
- Take a photo of the results and send it over to our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After running Pump Calibration, purge your Morning Machine, and brew a shot!
4. If the issue still persists, your Morning Machine may be experiencing air lock, run the following troubleshoot:
If all the above fails, please take note if the incident is specific to certain capsules/recipes or a permutation of a certain capsule and recipe and email that information to us at email@example.com.